Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Battlefield: A Love Story

A Love Story

Love is a strange beast, friends, and as you'll see from this tale, she can find you in the strangest of places.

Battlefield fan and user "tWiSteD" has relayed his endearing story on the official Battlefield: Bad Company 2 forum. He tells it better than we ever could, so have a read (we've cleaned up the grammar for your sake):

Well I just want to tell everyone my story. One day I was playing Bad Company 1 when this girl (just a girl) mortared me and then she shot me a few times. So then I was on a mission to get her dog tags and at the last minute I did, but it was no easy task, mind you.

Anyway, I proceeded to send her a friend request and she accepted, but she had no mic, so [after] a month of messaging each other back and forth she gets a mic, and then I heard the most beautiful angelical voice ever to grace my ears, followed by a picture of said angelical voice, and WOW this girl is drop dead gorgeous.

To make a long story short, we have been playing BFBC1 and BFBC2 for nearly one year and now she's my girl and we're about to meet for the first time. In about two weeks she's coming to San Antonio, Texas and she's from the Netherlands. She's a pretty dutch princess.

You see, LOVE can happen on the BATTLEFIELD

A Love Story

It's tWiSteD's hope someone at EA or DICE can find it in their hearts to help pay for the trip. Don't know about that, but best of luck with your new love, fella. He says he'll tell us all how it goes afterward, so expect a part two.

The young lady in the story -- "Pr3CiOuS" -- is just as excited:

Wow my boyfriend is so sweet. I'm the girl from the story. xD And I can't wait to see my boyfriend for real; finally it's going to happen!!!! After almost a year, talking every single day lol. Never expected this would happen, to meet MY GUY, at the other side of the world, but I'm so happy it did, like it was meant to be... Thanks for all the nice messages!

Meanwhile user "dietkirk" has some interesting ideas for the wedding:

The wedding cake should be destruction 2.0 and need to be C4'd into slices for the guests.

The Conquest horn can sound instead of the church bells after the ceremony, where of course a snow ghillie wookie will give the blessing with the words 'with these smiley faced grenade (congregation shouts 'GRENADE') pins I thee wed'

At this point, you probably know us well enough to have an idea of what to expect next.

Source:Electronic Arts UK Community

Sections:Microsoft Consoles, Console Games, PC Games, Sony Consoles

|

A Love Story

moreRelated news storiesDead Space's Isaac Clarke pictured in Skate 3May 20, '10

God of War writer signs on for Shank‘Kick-Ass’ Star Chloe Moretz Gets ‘Primal’ In ‘Let Me In’